_DSC7075

Launched way back 2004, Kicaco Caffe is one of the very first establishment to introduce gourmet coffee to the Dagupenos. Owned and managed by Ms. Katherine Kiat, an accounting management graduate of UP without any formal training in the field of culinary arts yet armed with a passion to cook, she started Kicaco Caffe on October 2004 along Tapuac District and later on transferred to its present location along Perez Blvd. corner Rizal Street conveniently situated at the very heart of Dagupan City.

_DSC7003
The comfy couches of Kicaco will keep you hanging around for an hour or so longer

The Kicaco Caffe maintains a cozy atmosphere as do most coffee shop yet has a more of a ‘homey’ feel to it than most places I've been too, credit their comfortable couches which made me feel too relaxed that I could stay in the whole day.  And along with its highly inviting ambiance is an extensive menu of coffee-based drinks, (a lot lot more compared to others) from such classics as ChocoChip and Hazelnut Macadamia to original concoctions such as the Butter Rhum White Mocha, plus each drink can be adjusted or customized to the customer’s liking for more sweetness or more smoothness.

_DSC7001
Try something new everytime with Kicaco's extensive concoctions of drinks

Back when I was in college, I’ve heard about the buzz made by Kicaco by pioneering the gourmet coffee experience in Dagupan, yet I never had the chance to visit it in its previous location in Tapuac. When they relocated in 2010, I was able to come by around once or twice and the very first thing that really struck me  was their comfy couches (anlambot lang,hehe) but this was during my working years and I seldom frequent coffee shops during those times. (I’d rather drink beer), so I was a bit surprised to be invited to review the place.

_DSC7036
Bored on the internet? Why not try a book or play some board games to bring back the good ol'days

What set Kicaco Caffe apart from other coffee shops is not only their extensive menu of drinks but also their wide array of things to chow down. A highly diversified menu that’s not limited to pastries and desserts as in most coffee shops. Feeling Mexican? Go for their Tacos which I highly recommend. Italian? Order their specialty, Don Antonio’s Pasta. In the mood for some sandwiches? Try their Clubhouse. Or when you just feel the need to be a true-blue Filipino, try a signature dish called Spicy Tuyo. A single order of each dish may serve up to three people, which really give your money’s worth and as I write about this; I’m still munching on left-over Clubhouse Sandwich from lunch.

_DSC6986
Cafe??? More like a full-service restaurant

Still, what’s a café without desserts, right? Their signature French toast is a favorite among customers, and is an absolute must try whenever you’re in Dagupan. The Revel Mud Pie, Apple Pie ala mode, and especially the Chocolate Dream cake found the right balance of not being too sweet yet still completely tickles the tip of the tongue (Hindi nakaka-umay).  I didn’t got the chance to taste my favorite dessert though which is Blue Berry Cheesecake, so I’ll be sure to come back soon. Like maybe tomorrow

_DSC7043
Ms. Kat teaching us a thing or two about coffee

I’m not a food blogger so I can’t really describe the taste using technical terms, but I can honestly say that you’ll really get your money’s worth with Kicaco Caffe and it’s really a must try place whenever you’re looking for good food in Dagupan City. The food's great, drinks even better, chill out ambiance  and to-die-for desserts, what more can you ask for?... oh, did I mention they also serve Beer? Yup, they do!!! So what are you waiting for? Tara na! Kicaco Tayo! 

k1
Unique: Kicaco's signature French Toast
ki 2
Butter Rhum White Mocha
_DSC7065
The Chocolate Dream Cake.. ohh la la
_DSC7061
Be Reveled at Kicaco's Revel Mud Pie
_DSC7051
The Clubhouse
_DSC7047
Don Antonio's Pasta
_DSC7045
Mouth-watering Tacos
_DSC7037
Caramel White Mocha
_DSC7025
Hazelnut Macadamia Mocha
_DSC7015
The Choco Chip Frozen Mocha



KICACO Caffe
Perez Boulevard corner Rizal Street, Dagupan City (Across BPI)
Owned and managed by Ms. Katherine Kiat
Business hours: Monday to Saturday at 9 am until 2 pm | During Sundays at 3 pm until 12 mn
Conference room is available for events (2k worth minimum order for 3 hours | consumable)
Also accepts Catering Services

Like Kicaco on Facebook!


Follow me on Facebook